Roanoke Backpack Pannier
The Roanoke Backpack Pannier is here! Our simple and super-functional modular backpack conversion makes this design the most versatile every-day bicycle bag we have to offer. You choose either a single Mini or a Roll Top Pannier with the backpack addition and hit the town by bike. Sold as a single bag. No returns on Sale items.
- Body and Flap: Navy
- Front Pocket: Hot Pink
- Rear Pocket (available on Roll Top Pannier only): Hot Pink
- Single Roll Top Pannier
- Measurements: 15″h”X13″wX6″d (+ roll top closure)
- Capacity: 23 Liters
- Mounting Hook Spacing (outside to outside): 6.25” and 8.25” apart
- Bag Weight: 3 lbs a bag
- Single Mini Roll Top Pannier
- Measurements: 13″h”X10″wX6″d (+ roll top closure)
- Capacity: 15 Liters per bag/ 30 Liters a set
- Mounting Hook Spacing (outside to outside): 6.75”
- Bag Weight: 2.5 lbs a bag
- Closed cell foam back panel
- Removable/Adjustable Backpack Straps
- Interior Organizer Pocket
- Dee Rings for cross body shoulder strap
- Adjustable pannier mounting-hook placement
- Always the non-drive side pannier
- Shoulder Strap
Adventure Tested // Urban Approved
A bit more...
Sold as a single bag.
The Roanoke Backpack Pannier is here! Our simple and super-functional modular backpack conversion makes this design the most versatile every-day bicycle bag we have to offer. You choose either a single Mini or a Roll Top Pannier with the backpack addition and hit the town by bike.
Tired of having your hands full when you’re off-bike with your panniers? So are we! So, like most things at Swift Industries we selfishly designed ourselves that ultimate pannier that easily swaps into a backpack without a million parts, zippers, and fuss.
Two adjustable straps, made out of seatbelt webbing for comfort, clip on and off the bag in seconds. The straps stow effortlessly in the front pocket of your panniers and are the perfect solution to clumsy off-bike carry. A closed-cell foam insert cushions the rigid back panel that stiffens the panniers. The most commonly asked question is whether one can feel the pannier hooks on one’s back. The answer is no. Additionally, the wire j-hook that provides counter-tension on our panniers has a specific spot to kick it so it’s out of your way. But please note that the J-Hook can snag on clothing and long hair—it’s worth being mindful when you are taking the backpack pannier off and on.
Attaching your backpack straps
Slip the wire j-hook out from under the horizontal ¾” webbing strip and pull the white and blue bungee taught so that it parallels the black webbing behind the pannier hooks. Stow the J-Hook in the elastic loop located on the side seam of that same webbing piece. Now it’s out of the way.
Attach the backpack straps to the dee ring located between the pannier hooks so that
- The snap hook openings face upward
- The openings of the G-Hooks at the bottom of each strap point downward.
- Now feed the G Hooks through the webbing tabs at the base of the pannier.
Voila! Pannier transformed to backpack.