U Dig It
U-Dig-It® Folding Shovel is a lightweight, versatile digging tool made of durable stainless steel.
- Collapses for storage
- Useful for clearing rocks/debris, burying waste, plant removal, scaling fish, and digging pits for campfires
- May also be used as a cooking utensil (can be heated)
- Blade Size LxWxD: 5.25” x 2.2” x 1” (134 x 56 x 25mm)
A bit more...
The seven principles of Leave No Trace are
Plan ahead and prepare
Travel and Camp on Durable Surfaces
Dispose of Waste Properly
Leave what you find
Minimize Campfire Impacts
Be Considerate of Other Visitors
How to Dispose of Waste Properly:
- Pack it in, pack it out. Inspect your campsite and rest areas for trash or spilled foods. Pack out all trash, leftover food and litter.
- Deposit solid human waste in catholes dug 6 to 8 inches deep, at least 200 feet from water, camp and trails. Cover and disguise the cathole when finished.
- Pack out toilet paper and hygiene products.
- To wash yourself or your dishes, carry water 200 feet away from streams or lakes and use small amounts of biodegradable soap. Scatter strained dishwater.
Learn more about Leave No Trace Wilderness Travel Ethics!