Velo Orange Randonneur Rack, Cantilever
The VO Pass Hunter Rack is a small front rack that fits most bikes with canti brakes. It’s perfect for our Ozette Randonneur and Ozette V2 Randonneur bags.
The Velo Orange Randonneur Rack, Cantilever is a randonneur rack, a specific category of front bicycle racks that is designed for a randonneur handlebar bag to rest on it. The rack is very small in order to save on weight, and the majority of designs feature eyelets to mount a dynamo light onto the rack.
Randonneuring is long-distance cycling that is set apart from other categories by it’s distances of 200K-1200K riding events that are cycled in one continuous stretch–sometimes lasting multiple days but without significant pause. Riders are completely self-supported throughout the event. Thus, accessories designed for randonneuring are minimal and lightweight, and designed for self-sufficiency. That’s why randonneur racks are minimal and lightweight, and feature integrated light mounts as riders might ride through the night for multiple days in a row. Our Ozette Randonneur Bag follows design traditions of easy-access while pedaling because these endurance athletes are continuously on the move.
Not the right rack for your fork? The Velo Orange Randonneur Rack might be what you’re looking for. We stock a variety of randonneur racks for different bicycle configurations.
- Eyeletes for lights.
- Eyelet for fender mount.
- Special double-ended canti-mounting bolts are included.
- A “tombstone” on the back of the rack for the Ozette Randonneur Bag to slip onto
- Stainless steel
- Mounting hardware included
Check for compatibility:
- The Velo Orange Randonneur Rack, Cantilever mounts onto cantilever-brake bosses.
- The arm angle is set to fit the majority of bikes, but some frames with unusually large tire clearance may require bending the mounting arms down a little.
- Mounting a rack to Paul Component canti brakes requires the Paul Components rack bolts and spacers.
The Velo Orange Randonneur Rack, Cantilever arrives fully assembled–no out-of-the-box set-up necessary.
Installation onto your bicycle, however, is still necessary. See the How-To section to your left for guided tutorials.