– Announcing Swift Industries Stoked Spoke 2021 –
We are excited to be gearing up for what will be the seventh consecutive year of our Stoked Spoke Adventure Series! What? You’ve never heard of Stoked Spoke?? Well, that’s no surprise, because up until now, it’s been a local Seattle event to help us and our community stay stoked through the long, dark PNW winter.
What Is the Stoked Spoke Adventure Series? Traditionally it’s been a wildly popular series of monthly crowdsourced multimedia adventure presentations shared in front of a live audience at a local watering hole. Each night includes four to six presentations, at 5 to 15 minutes apiece, showcasing bike-camping adventures in a slideshow format with route maps, fun storytelling, and helpful planning info for the audience.
Our 2020 Stoked Spoke season was clipped short by the pandemic, but for 2021, we’ve pivoted to open up to a global audience virtually, and now it’s time to engage our network to source the best, most share-worthy adventure stories our community can come up with! Since the beginning of the pandemic, we’ve perfected our technique for hosting live-streamed virtual events featuring multiple presenters in multiple time zones. We’re excited to bring the Stoked Spoke series to our global community, and to hear tales of adventure from the far reaches of our beautiful planet.
How can you participate? There are two ways YOU, our global Swift Community, can follow along:
- CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS – follow this link to submit a route presentation on one of the below dates. Read on for more details about what your getting yourself into.
- SAVE THE DATE – follow the links below to set yourself a reminder and get ready to tune-in to the live broadcasts on our YouTube channel.
When Is Stoked Spoke? The last Wednesday of the month, January – April; 5:30 – 8:00pm PST
*We are proud to be dedicating the February and March dates to adventure tales told exclusively by our FTW NB (Femme,Trans, Womyn, and Non-Binary) and BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, People of Color) friends! Too often these communities are excluded from the narrative of exploring and recreating outdoors, and we miss out on inspiring adventures from all those who roam. It’s high time the tide turns and we at Swift are committed to doing our part to amplify the voices of all people that explore and find themselves in the outdoors.
How To Submit An Adventure Entry! The Swift crew will be reviewing all submissions and selecting pitches that help create a well-rounded event, highlighting a diversity of presenters, styles, terrain, levels of challenge, and mesmerizing landscapes! Here’s how you can enter:
- Create a gallery of the best photos from your adventure in a shareable folder, such as Google Photos. Create a link to the folder and enter the URL below.
- Create a Ride With GPS map for your route. If you are not a member of Ride With GPS, you’ll need to sign up. Don’t worry, it’s free, it’s easy, and it will enhance your future route-planning! Once you’ve created your route map, enter the URL in the submission form.
- Kick back and wait to hear from us. If your route is selected, you will receive an email outlining presentation and slideshow guidelines, as well as some best practices for presenting with our virtual tools.
If Selected, Here’s What You’re Committing To:
- Creation of a shareable Google Slides or Powerpoint presentation featuring your route and the most kickass photos of your adventure a minimum of 1 weeks out from event date
- Being fully prepared, with all the necessary tech and connectivity considerations, and familiarity with your route/adventure presentation details the day of the event. Please let us know if you need any assistance.
- Being okay with Swift Industries and/or Swift Adventure Co. publishing a summary of each Stoked Spoke event, including route information and RWGPS route map links. (if your route is sensitive or passes through private property, sharing it with the public may not be wise)
- Committing time to not only creating your presentation, but also a brief trial run to get to know the streaming tech and a short Q&A session right after your presentation with the virtual audience.
What’s in it for you? Stoked Spoke presenters will receive 20% off Swift Industries products and discounts from sponsors. Discount code expires May 30, 2021
Questions? email email@example.com
Last but not least! Big shout out to this years sponsors: