Work with us at Swift Industries!
At Swift Industries we’re on a mission to help build a world where bicycles are a widely hailed tool for creating joy, connecting communities and taking concrete climate action. We are pitching in by designing top tier bicycle bags and championing the community. Our team shows up to create this future fueled by ambition, playfulness, integrity and respect.
Hailed for being a woman-led company, Swift Industries is applauded for creating exceptionally high quality products, and for standing out in the crowd as a fun, high energy brand with environmentally aware and socially progressive practices.
BIPOC & LGBTQIA // NB folks are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Head of Sales (PENDING)
- Outside Sales Reps
Head of Sales
Reports to: CEO
Manages: Sales Associates, Outside Sales Reps
Location: Swift HQ, Seattle WA
Employment Type: Full-time
FLSA Status: Exempt
|Salary: $60k-75k base, plus commission
Listing Date: 2/20/2023
Applications due by: 3/10/2023
Are you an experienced Sales Manager who has led a small but mighty team through 30-60% growth? We’re on a quest to find a Sales Manager to steward our growth who is aligned with our company’s vision and culture. Experience with multi-channel sales is essential as we work to strengthen wholesale and direct-to-consumer sales.
As the Sales Manager for Swift Industries, your role is to direct and coordinate all sales functions and policies, in service of our Vision, Mission, Values, and Brand. As the Sales Manager, you will foster wholesale relationships and guide your team to do the same to achieve ambitious growth.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Sales Department Management
- Create and drive annual and monthly sales goals and targets.
- Motivate and develop your internal team.
- Hire, manage, train and motivate outside sales representatives.
- Evaluate effectiveness of various Sales functions/processes/workflows, and evolve where appropriate.
- Develop sales forecasts and partner with Production & Planning.
- Implement necessary actions to increase and promote sales.
- Design and advertise programs and sales incentives, sales methods and training programs for dealers.
- Establish new sales programs.
- Collaborate with the Swift marketing team on communicating the brand messaging, coordinating events, partnering with key accounts, developing merchandising tools, implementing sales rep tools, etc.
- Use CRM to optimize rep management, account management and communication.
- Manage sales department operating budget and strategic growth plan
- Manage target margins and work with Operations to hit gross profit margins
- Works on cross functional strategic development as part of the Swift Industries leadership team
- Networks, travels, and presents on behalf of Swift Industries
- We are a small company, which means at times we are all-hands on projects under deadlines. This may mean that periodically there will be other duties as assigned. We are focused on collaboration and helping one another – and we also respect and make exceptions for workload.
This position directly supervises up to four employees and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Swift’s policies and vision. Responsibilities include setting sales objectives and building the overarching sales strategy, interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; monitoring performance; managing employee performance through recognition and coaching; and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Strong people-skills
- Strong relationship-skills
- Strong and clear delegation skills
- Strong planning and execution skills
- Methodical and organized
- Self-starter and independent worker
- Excels at independent time management
- Can manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Clear and proactive communication skills
- Innovative thinking
Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years experience in Sales and Marketing or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have demonstrable experience in:
- Sales Forecasting
- Spreadsheet management
- Understanding of the fundamental principles of business accounting
- Project Management
- Netsuite (a plus)
- Asana or equivalent PM Software (a plus)
Swift Industries is looking for a Sales Manager with outdoor and cycling industry experience. Someone who can demonstrate their leadership impact in stewarding a company from $2m in revenues to $6m and beyond.
Priority will be given to candidates who currently reside in the Seattle Metro Area. Swift Industries can not support a candidate’s relocation, either logistically or financially.
[no longer accepting applications]
Applications for priority consideration by March 10th, 2023
Outside Sales Representatives (Contracted Position)
Now hiring 2 independent reps who focus on mid to high-tier cycling and cycling-adjacent lifestyle brands. 80% sales person, 20% brand ambassador, we are looking for agencies/individuals that are energized by Swift Industries’ brand culture, and adept at product technical education. As a Swift Industries Independent Rep you will secure new key and speciality accounts, host territory-based brand activations and dealer appreciation events on behalf of Swift Industries, represent us at regional trade shows and industry events, and talk Swift up on every ride you go on.
You and/or your agency must have a pioneering approach to your territories, and need to demonstrate strategic growth and development skills. Must be comfortable and pro-active selling products on both an ASAP business model and a traditional 12-month pre-book cycle.
- Strategically target and open independently owned and operated cycling and outdoor lifestyle accounts
- Key Account penetration and management within territory
- Lead store employee training clinics
- Serve as ‘brand ambassador’ on and off the clock
- Active attendance at regional and national trade shows
- Assist dealers with POP / Visual Merchandising / Inventory management
- Must be an existing rep or rep agency with a successful track record
- Well-versed in retail math
- Demonstrable ability to forecast for the upcoming sales year
- Relationship with key accounts within territory
- Organized and highly motivated as you will not be micro-managed
- Excellent communicator
- High frequency store visits within your territory
- A passion for cycling and our company mission
- Mid Atlantic
- California and Southwest
- Great Lakes
Let’s talk, click HERE to connect. Looking to get in on 2024 pre-order bookings (four new products, yall!), then reach out before March 1, 2023!